Thursday, June 30, 2011

So you want to Coupon?

So we've all seen, or heard about, the coupon shows where people go into the store and come out with 3 carts over flowing with groceries, receipts 10 feet long and spent $8.34. Better yet, they get money back! These people are documented spending HOURS and DAYS collecting their coupons, cliping, sorting and arrangiing. If you've got the time and desire to do that more power to you! However, as a full time mother to 3 small children, working a full time job, and trying to stay happily married, I just don't have that kind of time.

I've only been couponing about a year now after watching a friend of mine post her savings on Facebook and finally asking her how to do it. She directed me to a site that has made all the difference for me www.southernsavers.com and even since I've gradually taught myself what works for me. I've never walked out of the grocery store with a cart full of goods for free, but I do consistently save 50-80% on my grocery bill.

The girl at Publix asked me last night what I was doing with all my savings... hmmm, I never really see them, but now that I think about it, we do get to eat out more and do more fun things than we used to. A little extra cash flow never hurt anyone.

I was going to do a little coupon class at my house for friends but after I was asked to Skype and use a web cam, I decided to try this method. So to my friends who asked, here you go. Let's take some baby steps and see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment